These Hazelnut Truffles are super simple to make, needing only 7 ingredients and no complicated equipment! They come out as soft, ganache-like rich chocolate and hazelnut truffles. These truffles are perfect for a slightly indulgent but still reasonably healthy Christmas recipe. I have shamelessly and faithfully reproduced the recipe from the wonderful foodmatters site - thank you very much!
1. Melt chocolate in pieces in a bowl over a pan of gently boiling water. Remove the pan from the heat when the chocolate is melted (but leave the bowl in place).
2. While melting the chocolate, warm the coconut milk slightly in a pan. Add the pinch of salt.
3. Gradually add the warm coconut milk to the melted chocolate while continuously whisking.
4. Whisk in the maple syrup, hazelnut butter and vanilla.
5. Allow the mixture to cool and place in the fridge overnight to harden.
6. The next day, put aside 20-25 hazelnuts and chop the rest finely (easy in a food processor - just take care not to make more hazelnut butter!)
7. Scoop portions of the truffle mixture into 'eyeball' size rounds and flatten in your hand. Place a full hazelnut in the middle and then fold over the truffle to contain the hazelnut. Roll in your hand to make round, then roll in the chopped hazelnuts to coat them.
8. Store in the fridge.