One of my favourite recipe sites is The Healthy Chef – which is where this simple and fantastic almond butter cookie recipe comes from. You can replace the egg with a flax egg and then you can make this vegan too.
1 C Totally Nuts Almond Butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup/ honey
1 tsp vanilla paste
1. Heat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients together by hand or in a food processor and mix until well combined. The mixture will be soft and sticky – if you find it too soft then add a little almond flour. Add extra sweetener if you want to.
3. Place spoonfuls onto a lined baking tray.
4. Garnish with chopped almonds.
5. Press and flatten each cookie.
6. Bake for 30 mins or until golden.