This week we share with you an amazing recipe for Orange Blueberry Cakes from one of our creative customers based in NSW. Her business is wholesomebodies (on Facebook and Instagram at @wholesomebodies1) and you can find her delicious creations at the Scotts Head Friendly Grocer, The Bridge in Macksville and The Village Pantry in Coffs Harbour.
120g Totally Nuts Activated Walnuts
1 cup (60g) Shredded Coconut
8 Medjool Dates (pitted)
1 tsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp orange zest
2 tsp USF Immunity Blend Powder
6 drops orange essential oil
1 – 2 tsp orange zest
¼ – ½ tsp turmeric
250ml Coconut Cream
250ml Coconut Oil, melted
300g Totally Nuts Activated Cashews
135g Totally Nuts Coconut Butter, melted
125 ml orange juice
125 ml 100% Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
150g Frozen Organic Blueberries, thawed
2 tsp (5g) PSF Maqui Powder
- Place all base ingredients in a food processor and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide into 18 silicone moulds.
- Place into freezer while preparing next layers.
- Combine all FILLING ingredients in a food processor and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the filling in half and set half aside. Add the ORANGE MIX to the half in the processorand mix until combined. Set 200ml aside for piping (store piping mix in fridge overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.) Divide the remainder into the 18 moulds over the base (No need to clean processor).
- Put the other filling half back into the processor and add the BLUEBERRY MIX. Mix well until combined. Divide Blueberry mix into moulds & freeze overnight.
- Pop cakes out of moulds, finish off with piping each cake and garnish with Cornflower petals.
Store Orange Blueberry Cakes covered in fridge 5-7 days or freezer up to 4 weeks. Can also be made in a lined 23cm springform pan.