These Walnut Crackers are easy and quick to make, and filled with nutrition and delicious taste. I love to make crackers! They are such an easy and nutritious snack, and of course you can add anything you like to them, so they can either be an end in themselves or they can simply be a means to eat whatever you want to spread on them!
Nuts and nut butters lend themselves easily to crackers, and I always love the recipes at www.elanaspantry.com because they are always straightforward, they work well and only use wholefood real ingredients. These Paleo Walnut Crackers are just one of these great recipes. You can definitely substitute other nuts or even mix them up, but just with the walnuts following the recipes tastes fantastic.
3 cups blanched almond flour*
1.5 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 Cup Totally Nuts Activated Walnuts, chopped
2 large eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
* the recipes says blanched almond flour. I used almond meal instead and it worked perfectly, just a little darker and maybe coarser than they would be with the blanched flour.
- In a large bowl, stir almond flour/meal, salt, walnuts, eggs and oil until combined. You can also do this step in a food processor – just chop the walnuts first before adding the rest.
- Separate dough into two halves.
- Place one of the halves of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper, and roll the dough between the paper to about 3mm thick.
- Remove the top sheet of paper, and cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter to your preferred size and shape.
- Slide the dough on the sheet on to a baking tray.
- Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Bake at 180 deg for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and serve.